WeWriWa: Truth or Consequences

Main Posts Background Image

Main Posts Background Image

Sunday, February 07, 2016

WeWriWa: Truth or Consequences


Consequences. That moment when what seemed like a good idea at the time catches up to you with a bitter taste of hindsight.

Even Sylvia, my treacherous heroine in PRINCE OF HONOR, has to face the music after starting that fateful tune in the last few excerpts from my W-I-P. Is it the one you thought she’d be singing?
She’d survive. Wasn’t that the important thing? She’d never had the luxury of worrying over the moral implications that tormented her lover, so why was she now? 

Her lover, her friend. Her only one. Who’d now have every right to wish he’d let Cale murder her back in New Orleans. She took no pride in outsmarting him. Shame came closer to what knotted uncomfortably in her belly as miles and hours whipped by the luxurious vehicle. Carrying her to another sharp U-turn of consequences.
Settling into the new digs (digging out is more like it!) with laptop finally humming happily along as I sneak up on 25,000 words. Could there be an end in sight? 

Happy Weekend, fellow Warriors!! Make sure you check out my Insecure Writers Support Group post below on “You Ought to be Writing!” Time I listened to my own advice!


Weekend Writing Warriors is a weekly hop for everyone who loves to write! Share an 8 to 10 sentence snippet of your writing on Sunday. Visit other participants on the list and read, critique, and comment on their 8sunday posts.

Spread the word, share the love, warriors - Hashtag #8sunday.

13 comments

  1. That is some great character building via introspection, Nancy! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An excellent piece, Nancy. Glad you are settled and feeling good. Keep going, it will be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. An excellent piece, Nancy. Glad you are settled and feeling good. Keep going, it will be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This poor character seems quite overwrought, but with good reason. Powerful snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're managing to write while unpacking? I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A dirty job . . . but no one else was going to do it! Queen of multitasking here.

      Delete
  6. Glad you're digging out and getting back to writing. This is a great snippet. She carries quite a burden. I wonder where it will lead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stephanie! With this morning's snow I'll be digging out literally (or just brushing off, actually).

      Delete
  7. Oooo, amazing writing, and she definitely does have the tone of a survivor. :) I'm also glad to hear you're finding a little more time to write. I can't imagine unpacking and not writing, since I meant to do my house cleaning in early January, and it's now February, and I'm probably going to leave it until March... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy! I'll probably still be unpacking NEXT February!

      Delete