IWSG: A Well Punctuated Life

Main Posts Background Image

Main Posts Background Image

Wednesday, June 01, 2016

IWSG: A Well Punctuated Life

I’ve always thought of the things on my plate as a smorgasbord – so many items to choose from but only so much room. Time is like that. No matter how you try to arrange it, manipulate it, deny it, there’s only so much of it. Cram too much in, you get sick. Too little, leaves you unsatisfied. At the moment my plate is overflowing. In addition to trying to get a first draft edited . . . so many ways to go but which way is the right way?


. . . I’ve also had to replace my trusty laptop Hal (“Good morning, Nancy!” and yes, I use that voice!). Horrors – it wasn’t just about moving files. I had to learn new stuff. Like Word 2016. I’m still trying to find that little helper for spelling the word right. I know I saw it in the tutorial somewhere. And then there’s the subtle differences in keyboard from Dell to HP and the freaky touch pad. And the search to find everything where I saved it. Is it in the Cloud? Is it on the thumb drive? Is it still in my imagination? Which has my corrections?

Soooooo, editing is on the backburner while I download all these new frustrations and watch the table of offerings continue to get longer. A Write-In for my local RWA chapter to finish planning. Two blogs to do. A basement to clean out for the carpet cleaners. Those dang flowers that won’t plant themselves. A page proof of the next book in my Touched by Midnight series to read through. My critique group coming over for the weekend (Ahhh. Time for a creative battery recharge!). That next W-I-P that suddenly became so much more interesting than anything else I need to take care of. The day job. And then the rush and bustle of getting info out on the Pre-Order release of my first boxed set. I can’t decide if I’m stuffed or starving.

So, I’m multi-tasking. Word 2016 mastered(ish), blog one done (almost) and now the promo shout-out for the new boxed set:



Vampires, sexy ghosts, gargoyles, mummy’s curses and a secret magical society are some of the fabulous paranormal twists you’ll find in PARANORMAL ATTRACTIONS, a boxed set of 9 steamy romances brought to you by Amazon, Barnes & Noble bestselling, and award-winning authors. Lose yourself in these light and dark paranormal stories that are priced at only $0.99 for a limited time.

My offering for the boxed set is my dark shape-shifter romance, REMEMBERED BY MOONLIGHT which anchors the set of books I’m working on now (so it’s a great time to grab it up for a low price to catch up on backstory. Just saying!).

Check, check and check off my Things to do Today list. Awww geez! I’ve got TWO lists. The other one will have to wait until the Day Job is over (and maybe I’ll sneak in some page proofing on my lunch hour!)

So how are your creative frustrations going? Plate empty or full?


Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!

Posting: The first Wednesday of every month is officially Insecure Writer’s Support Group day. Post your thoughts on your own blog. Talk about your doubts and the fears you have conquered. Discuss your struggles and triumphs. Offer a word of encouragement for others who are struggling. Visit others in the group and connect with your fellow writer - aim for a dozen new people each time.

Let’s rock the neurotic writing world!


Twitter hashtag is #IWSG 

IWSG awesome co-hosts for the June 1st posting will be Murees Dupe, Alexia Chamberlynn, Chemist Ken, and Heather Gardner!

12 comments

  1. I don't know of any productive author who is not busy and trying to handle everything. All we can do is what we can do. We're only human.

    Insecure Writer's Support Group - Trust Your Process

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are amazing! How do you manage? I admire you. My plate isn't as full, but I'm freaking out. Sorry about your computer. Mine is being held together by duct tape. Eventually I'll have to replace it. Congratulations on your boxed set. It looks good. Good-luck with the rest of your list. You will do great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It made me tired just reading all you are doing. My next book comes out on Saturday; so this week has been final touches to blurb, mailing list notification, and the blogs. I had gotten started on the next book, but it has been derailed by the needed promotional items.

    I look forward to getting to read that set you mentioned :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always something, isn't it? And just last week I was thinking, geez I have nothing to do...

      Delete
  4. Oh no! Not Hal! May he RIP... ::moment of silence:: New laptop's name? So how do you like the new HP Word 16? I actually like mine...now, finally. Now on to those edits...I want to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the Blue Screen of Death scare that finally convinced me. Not liking 16 at the moment becuz I didn't have a chance to ease into it. May be working on edits this weekend during PotL visit - everyone but you (pout).

      Delete
  5. You didn't mention the full-time job away from home. Your plate is indeed overflowing. I tend to underestimate how long something will take and over schedule. Good luck with all your projects, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As you know, I'm turning "lemons" into "lemon meringue pie" down here, so yeah - my plate is full. Trying to count my blessings as hubby is surprising even the surgeon with his quick recovery. And then, I rush in home to do a few things including the laundry only to find the washing machine refusing to start. More lemons for my pie! :) EDIT, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A smorgasbord is a great metaphor! And yeah, I hate getting a new computer or smart phone - it slows everything down. The boxed set looks sizzling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My plate is always overflowing, but I think part of that is because I'm procrastinating. I'd much rather reupholster a chair than research French history for my Christmas manuscript! As for changing computers, I guess I'm lucky I've always used Macs. They talk to each other and when I bought my new one I just pushed a button and all the old files transferred to the new one.

    ReplyDelete