With over 50 sales since her first publication in 1987, which was written in long hand then typed up on a manual Smith Corolla, Portage, Michigan author Nancy Gideon’s writing encompasses romance genres from historicals and regencies to contemporary suspense and the paranormal.
Under her own name, she’s a bestseller in contemporary romantic suspense, has written an award-winning vampire romance series, and has a six book shape-shifter series with Pocket Books. Also listed on the International Movie Database (IMDB), she collaborated on Indie horror
films In the Woods and Savage with screenwriting and ADR script credits, and even played a small role, that of “bar extra.”
Writing historical romance as Dana Ransom, she’s a “Career Achievement for Historical Adventure” and “K.I.S.S.” award winner with books published in Romanian, Italian, Russian, Danish, Dutch, Portuguese, French, German, Icelandic and Chinese.
As Rosalyn West, she’s a HOLT Medallion winner with nominations for “Best North American Historical Romance” and “Best Historical Book in a Series.”
A prolific writer, Nancy attributes her creative output, which once peaked at seven novels in one year, to her love of history and a gift for storytelling. She also credits the discipline learned through a background in journalism and OCD. The due date for her third book and her second son were on the same day . . . and both were early! When on deadline, she turns on the laptop between 4:30 and 5:00 a.m. to get a chapter in before heading in to her full time job as a legal assistant. She’s a member of GDRWA, MMRWA, PASIC, FF&P and Novelists Inc. and dotes on her critique group.
The Top Ten Things You Don’t Know About Nancy . . .
10. Favorite time of day: Watching the sun come up with a cup of coffee in hand. Especially if there’s a lake or an ocean involved. Turning off work computer at 5:00 is a close second.
9. Longest sustained relationship: Dieting.
8. Always found in purse: Notepad, tape measure, receipts
7. Guilty pleasure: Badly dubbed martial arts movies
6. The outfit isn’t complete without: Fabulous bling
5. Favorite type of exercise: Weight machines with an IPod. What, typing isn’t exercise?
4. Meal most ordered at a restaurant: Salmon (the one thing she won’t cook at home)
3. Night on the town: Broadway
2. Nothing but the best, no substitutions: Toilet paper, coffee (Keurig, please!)
1. Reach out & touch: E-mail preferred over phone,
letter or text
letter or text