WWW: You’ve Got the Power!

Main Posts Background Image

Main Posts Background Image

Sunday, November 20, 2016

WWW: You’ve Got the Power!


With PRINCE OF HONOR, the first book in my “House of Terriot” dark paranormal shapeshifter series, just launched and barely out of the promotional blocks, I managed to FINALLY finish the second book, PRINCE OF POWER. Since it was actually the book I started first (until some pesky plot points insisted the next planned book needed to go before it), I’d previously shared some excerpts from earlier chapters. To bring you up to speed, as the strength behind the crown, Colin Terriot has come down from his family’s mountaintop fortress at Lake Tahoe to begin truce talks with the other clans in New Orleans where his involvement with a rival negotiator and an unprovoked attack that nearly takes his life has his king questioning his effectiveness . . . and his loyalty.


“If you were thinking of bringing Wes here to finish my job and send me home in shame, you might as well finish me right here, right now, because if I leave, they’ll think we’re weak and all talk. They won’t respect any of us if we’re that easily broken. I’m a Terriot: We don’t bend; we don’t break; and, we don’t run, not from anything! It’d be kinder for you to just put me down right here than to ask me not to act like a prince in our House. I’m not afraid of them, and next time, I’ll be ready to bring hell down on their doorstep. Don’t you do this to me, Cale. Don’t you sideline me while I can still stand on my own hind legs and howl . . . unless you don’t trust me to take care of things, and then that’s something else altogether.” 

The long beat of silence brought Colin’s worst fear home as he felt something from his king he’d never experienced before - doubt. 

“You’re my brother, Colin,” Cale began carefully, “and if you say you can handle it, I believe you.” 

Belief and trust weren’t quite the same thing.


You think Colin is in a tough spot . . . I’ve got a 102K manuscript I’ve got to trim down to fighting weight and am still at that point where I’m in love with every word, adjective and turn of phrase. Maybe a little distance while I stump for PRINCE OF HONOR will give me the proper perspective. If nothing else, I’ll have a heck of a lot of extra content to offer!!

While I’m pondering, here’s another look at Book 1 . . . cuz I can’t get enough of that cover, especially now that it’s been in my hot little hands in trade paperback!!



The hunter becomes the prey, a prisoner to his own desire . . .

Turow . . .

Strong, silent man of integrity content to serve his new king as a prince in the turbulent shape-shifter House of Terriot. A tracker and relentless hunter, he’s used to running trails alone until charged with returning a traitor to their mountain top home to face the unforgiving judgment of their clan. On the run with the bad girl he’s loved forever, the choice between duty and desire has never been more difficult . . . or deadly.

Could the bargain made to save their lives become reality?

Sylvia . . .

Manipulative schemer or victim caught between a mother’s ambition and a rogue prince’s lust for power? Trust is almost as foreign as the idea of love, but to save herself from certain death, she must risk both on the good man who deserves them . . . from someone worthy. Trapped by the only one who believes in her goodness, will she betray him and run for her life . . . or stay and destroy him with a long hidden truth?

Deadly, Damaged, and Delicious!
Brothers too H.o.T. to Handle!


Reviews

"This is how you start a series! A prince. A traitor. A blood feud. Mix them all together with healthy doses of drama, intrigue, and action, and you have the beginnings of an edge of your seat, roller-coaster of a book. Turow is everything you want in a hero and Sylvia's journey from villain to heroine is brilliantly crafted. 5-Stars" - Susan, Goodreads

"An intriguing, sexy, sometimes dark read. A tightly woven plot will have you burning through the pages. The intense, sizzlin' chemistry between Turow & Sylvia is lethal and flammable as both as both fight to maintain control of the situation - and their own heart. A Must Read! 5-Stars!." - Cross My Heart Reviews

"Gideon tears this series open with a bang . . . Max and Cee Cee ignited your appetite, but these Terriot brothers are so exclusively delicious they're not even on the menu! The fast-paced action and emotional banquet laid out here is a paranormal romance lover's feast! Better get comfortable, because you won't be leaving until you finish dessert! 5-Stars!" - Book Bling

"Excellent Book! The author did not disappoint. I fell in love with the story line. Max will always be my favorite . . . but Turow is a close second now. 5-Stars" - reader, Amazon

"The Terriot Princes....... Holy Hotness. There is so much deliciousness between all them it's hard not to drool." - Sara Kate, Goodreads

How’s the week treating the rest of you here at WeWriWa . . .



Weekend Writing Warriors is a weekly hop for everyone who loves to write! Share an 8 to 10 sentence snippet of your writing on Sunday. Visit other participants on the list and read, critique, and comment on their 8sunday posts.

Spread the word, share the love, warriors - Hashtag #8sunday.

17 comments

  1. Awesome snippet, Nancy. Good luck with your edit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome snippet, Nancy. Good luck with your edit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuck, what a lose-lose scenario. Hope they navigate it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome snippet! Such a great speech and a perfect response. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy! I love it when they feel like pontificating! I just let 'em talk.

      Delete
  5. Wow. Talk about being between a rock and a hard place. I love this series. Hot men and strong women. What more could anyone want?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Di!! Ohhh yeah, that's a place I'd like to be. Oh, wait...what were we talking about?

      Delete
  6. This is an ambitious scene, trying to delineate the subtle difference between two related emotions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially when they're usually as subtle as a cement truck!

      Delete
  7. A powerful snippet - his doubt that the king, his brother, no longer had trust that he could finish the job. The emotion in his words is palpable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rachel!! Setting the scene for more angst to come . . .

      Delete
  8. Well Colin's certainly in a tough place but I loved the way his determination shines through in your words. Really a terrific excerpt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Victoria/Jean!! Now to live up to them . . . and therein lies the rest of the plot.

      Delete