WWeWriWa: Just Say NO!!

Main Posts Background Image

Main Posts Background Image

Saturday, August 07, 2021

WWeWriWa: Just Say NO!!

Sorry to be MIA so much this summer. It’s been hard finding computer time at my desk and even now, I’m posting from the home of one of my friends who just got out of the hospital. Just call me Nurse Ratched! But I’m back at the keyboard with my new WIP to finally continue from my last post.

While the two smaller girls huddled close together, arms about each other and heads bowed, the third stepped closer to the vehicle, the hood of her jacket obscuring her face as she called out, “No harm done, Mister.”

“Well, that sure’s a relief.” He turned toward the driver, wiry red hair twisting like brambles beneath clasp of his ballcap as he hollered, “Ain’t it, Paulie?”With raindrops pelting against rusty metal obscuring the reply, he turned back, toothy smile flashing as he guessed, “You must be heading to the Rez. Your people are probably wondering where you’re at out in weather bad as this. We’s going that way, so least we can do is give you a ride.”

When the smaller of the shivering twosome took a step forward, the other gripped her tight, holding her in place as she wordless shook her head. Older and wiser, her eyes reflected caution after hearing too many warnings to trust the grinning white man.

A pushed-up sleeve revealing a poorly inked Celtic cross tattoo and a date too faded to read beneath it, the passenger’s smile grew impossibly wider. “C’mon, now, you’re fixing to freeze or damned near drown before you get half as far as you need to go and just wouldn’t feel right driving off all nice and warm whilst you be shivering. We done dropped off our load so there’s plenty of room for you to climb in back.”
I’m holding my breath. How ‘bout you.

Why so busy? I’m in the process of revamping my very dated blog/web site. Ta Da! I hated to let the old one go but this platform offers so much more. Take some time to look around and tell me how you like it. Still some tweaking and finalizing to do but my virtual assistant has performed an Olympian task shaking off the dust for this squeaky new reveal.

And speaking of Olympics . . . You go, USA! So proud of our team and all the work it took for them to get to Tokyo (a year late!) with such determination and grit. Talk about prime-time TV. I’ve been glued to the screen, yelling as if they can hear me (Maybe they could! I did get some odd looks from the neighbors!).

Weekend Writing Warriors
Now, it’s time to get ready to Go Green! My Ireland trip is just a month away and I’m practicing my packing. Can’t wait to post from Dublin and Ballyferriter!

Slainte!

Weekend Writing Warriors

Weekend Writing Warriors is a weekly hop for everyone who loves to write! Share an 8 to 10 sentence snippet of your writing on Sunday. Visit other participants on the list and read, critique, and comment on their #8sunday posts.

Spread the word, share the love, warriors - Hashtag #8sunday.

13 comments

  1. Oh, I wouldn't trust those two, either. Curious to find out what happens next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart is in my throat! Don't do it. Don't do it. Don't do it.

    Soaked and freezing is so much better than being in that van!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got sidetracked thinking about your snippet. I went to school with Cherie Mahan's mom, and still live only about 4 miles from where she was abducted. Wow, your snippet gave me chills...

    Your new blog looks really good! And I'm so happy you're getting to go on your trip. Crossing my fingers there is not another lockdown. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (((HUGS))) Thanks for the comment on the blog. Still a WIP.

      Delete
  4. No. No. No. Do NOT get in the van!
    Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your snippet screams warnings. What's next?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Run away! Something doesn't seem right here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do not get in that vehicle!!
    The website looks great. New sites are initially a lot of work, but also fun. A trip to Ireland sounds exciting!

    ReplyDelete