WeWriWa: First, Trust Yourself . . . A RISK-TAKING RANGER

Main Posts Background Image

Main Posts Background Image

Sunday, May 15, 2022

WeWriWa: First, Trust Yourself . . . A RISK-TAKING RANGER


I’m baaaack! What a wonderful respite I had at my critique partner’s. Wordage was accomplished on my new Texas-set romantic suspense and here are just a few of them ...

I do. I do trust you.

That vow nearly escaped before she could catch it. Because she was tired, so tired of carrying the burden of her past alone. With his broad shoulders and broader mind, Zayn Bass was man enough to keep that promise. But something held her silent. Habit perhaps, fear more likely. Fear that once she opened her heart to him, he’d crush it, whether he meant to or not. And she wasn’t strong enough to rebuild from the emotional ashes again.

Better she take a step back than a fall from which she’d never recover.
Sorry I missed last week. Spring sprang and it requires a lot of upkeep . . . like dragging out all the patio furniture and spending hours upon hours in greenhouses looking for that perfect color combination. I’m on my third full day of plant organizing and potting (a true rite of spring for me!). Nirvana for my OCD soul. Since we have rain rolling in, I have to make hay while the sun shines (or sling compost as it were). Can’t wait to have that first blissful morning on the glider with my coffee watching the sun come up. Ahhhh. Now that’s inspiring!


And I’m hoping the weather will be accommodating here in Michigan so I can get a glimpse of that Blood Moon. Oh, there’s got to be a paranormal story there just waiting to howl!

Back to Texas . . . as soon as I see what you’ve been busy writing!


Weekend Writing Warriors is a weekly hop for everyone who loves to write! Share an 8 to 10 sentence snippet of your writing on Sunday. Visit other participants on the list and read, critique, and comment on their #8sunday posts.

Spread the word, share the love, warriors - Hashtag #8sunday.

16 comments

  1. Great snippet, Nancy! Really shows her doubts and how cautious she is about protecting herself. Congrats on getting words down and plants potted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both are still works in progress. Off to my writing desk!

      Delete
  2. Julie Evelyn JoyceMay 15, 2022 at 9:40 AM

    So glad you had an inspiring time at your critique partner's place! I'm a first-time plant owner, and I'm currently one week in without killing them, so I think that's a good sign... :D Loved your snippet, and I can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't over water! That's the biggest rookie mistake. And talk to them. They like that. Read them your next WWW post aloud.

      Delete
  3. That shows her doubts and fears. Great job on the yard work. I'm a bit stiff from all the yard work here :-) But it's so great to be outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If skin the color of radishes was in vogue, I'd be a cover model! Well, maybe a hand model. More sunscreen!

      Delete
  4. Oh too bad she doesn't trust him...yet. Enjoyed the snippet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both of them have serious trust issues so they have something in common that they can work on together.

      Delete
  5. She's suffering from the once bitten twice shy effect, and you've done a marvelous job of showing that. :-)

    Plant season is in full force. Enjoy! Good luck on the cloud cover clearing for tonight's moon. I think we're getting the rainy system later this afternoon into tonight. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're clouding up now. Sigh. But the full moon was gorgeous last night!

      Delete
  6. She's so hesitant you just know she's been hurt badly before. Can't wait to see how he gentles her out of that (as I'm sure he will). Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of them have had a rough time of it so neither are in a big hurry . . . yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She must have had a terrible time of it. I don't blame her for being cautious. Good luck with the plants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One terrible childhood event that shaped the strong woman she's become . . . but she's needed the hero to make her realize that strength doesn't mean not allowing one's self to love.

      Delete
  9. Great snippet!

    I slung compost on Friday, the last day before our triple-digit summer heat started. Everywhere I've ever lived, spring weekends were a race against the weather--get it planted before the rain/snow/wind/heat. But it's so worth it when it's done, and you get to enjoy your garden's beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally finished! Just need to sweep the boards and pour the coffee to enjoy my patio jungle. Ahhhhh. It doesn't get much better.

      Delete