WeWriWa: He was no man . . . BOUND BY MOONLIGHT

Main Posts Background Image

Main Posts Background Image

Sunday, June 05, 2022

WeWriWa: He was no man . . . BOUND BY MOONLIGHT


FINALLY! I was finally able to get the rights to all but the first three books in my By Moonlight shape-shifter series. That’s five books to get repackaged with new covers, PR packets, and back out into circulation in both e-format and trade-size. Unfortunately, due to an error on the part of my then agent, the initial trio of novels that set up the series will remain forever in the hands of the publisher in poorly executed contract hell and probably will not be reissued except perhaps in e-format. Sigh . . . Too bad all the public info on contract negotiation that we have now through writers' groups or simply on line wasn’t available back then.

Nevertheless, I’m still over the moon at the chance to get books 4-8 reintroduced (perhaps scanned if I can’t find the original manuscripts) to readers as they lead into my self-pubbed portion of the series. Here’s a peek at BOUND BY MOONLIGHT and hero, deliciously dark, Max Savoie.

Max moved through the room not bothering to disguise his preternatural power, that quicksilver speed and sleekness of his species, letting Babineau see him as those of his kind did—as a cruel force of nature, destructive, deadly, unstoppable. He growled low in his chest as he stalked up behind Cee Cee to slip his arm about her middle. As he rubbed his cheek against hers, his eyes glittered with hot gold and ruby flashes. And as her hand lifted to cradle the side of his face, he smiled at Alain Babineau with teeth as sharp as the point he was making.

“I’d be very, very careful if I were you, Detective. You have no idea what you’re dealing with. I control more than Jimmy Legere’s interests in this city. If any hint of what you saw leaks out, I’d hate to think what that would unleash upon you and your friends.”

He stepped away from an unusually quiet Cee Cee to select a crisp white shirt from his closet—Louis Vuitton, for the up-yours attitude spoiling through him. He stripped off his sweatshirt, letting Babineau see the hard strength of his body and the scars on it: Deep tears in his upper arm, the pucker of bullet wounds, two to the chest with one exiting the back, and one to the stomach . . . fatal shots no man could have survived.

But then, he was no man.
I’ve already gotten in touch with my cover artist extraordinaire and we’ll be back to the search for perfect cover graphics for these five books while my VA reformats the manuscripts I can’t locate. So much work . . . but I am SO excited to revisit . . . and hopefully expand! . . . this award-winning paranormal series.

How’s Spring treating everyone? Looking forward to seeing what’s been growing in your word garden!


Weekend Writing Warriors is a weekly hop for everyone who loves to write! Share an 8 to 10 sentence snippet of your writing on Sunday. Visit other participants on the list and read, critique, and comment on their #8sunday posts.

Spread the word, share the love, warriors - Hashtag #8sunday.


Nancy on the Web



13 comments

  1. I am sorry about the contracts. From experience--my own, yours, and others--no agent is better than a bad agent. We have to be so pro-active about our career. Sure can't depend on others. Great snippet. I'm glad you got some of your books' rights back. Love to see those books back in circulation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very excited to be in control of the whole process (even tho it's a LOT of work!).

      Delete
  2. What a stalker! And I love the final line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last line is awesome. It so flows from the ones before. and is dramatic. Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Max already! His attitude and charisma really shine in this excerpt. I'm sorry about the contract trouble. I've been there, and it really leaves a bad feeling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you can't do anything about it . . . sigh!

      Delete
  5. He certainly is delicious! I hope you get the rights to those first books. Elaine Cantrell

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too am sorry your contract can't be broken...although I'd keep trying if I were you. One never knows. Your hero is one bad ass! I wouldn't want to meet him in a dark alley--or even a lighted one! LOL He's to die for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pocket is notorious for its non-reversion of rights. Things you learn after the fact . . . Sigh.

      Delete
  7. Oh my, I like him already! Great snippet!

    ReplyDelete