WeWriWa: Letting the Big Dog Out . . . BOUND BY MOONLIGHT [By Moonlight - Book 4]

Main Posts Background Image

Main Posts Background Image

Sunday, June 12, 2022

WeWriWa: Letting the Big Dog Out . . . BOUND BY MOONLIGHT [By Moonlight - Book 4]

Click Image to View Full Size Awesomeness

Who let the Big Dog out? And not to play! Max Savoie has a serious bite and wants to sink his teeth into his mate’s NOPD partner in a bad way in this taste from Book 4 in my “By Moonlight” series. A taste too good to miss . . .


“Leave my house, Detective Babineau. You can wait for Charlotte in your car.”

Then there was just Cee Cee and her fierce glare and sharp bite.

“Are you quite finished with all the Big Dog posturing, or do you stake your claim a little more dramatically?”

“What do you want from me, Charlotte? He comes into my house, insults me, threatens those I care for, and I’m supposed to do nothing?” He grabbed a jacket with enough violence to send the coat hanger flying. “You know what I am, and now so do they. How am I supposed to be comfortable with that when they could crush everything I value with one careless word.”

“I’ll talk to them.”

( . . . and a bit more . . . )

Far from comforted, he growled, “Fine. Handle it your way, smooth it over like it was nothing more than a social blunder. Talk.” He flung the jacket onto the bed and peeled down his jeans.

For a moment she said nothing, just staring at him in his designer shirt and bare legs until the raging impulse to ride him down to the floor and bang his brains out subsided. It took another minute to move her thoughts off that back burner where her hormones constantly simmered, to try and see him as Alain Babineau saw him, as the others on her team saw him.

But she couldn’t see past the man she loved.
I’m LOVING this chance to revisit my dark shapeshifter series as I prepare Books 4-8 for self-pub reissue. The problem is, once I start peaking between the covers, I want to reread the whole book! It’s like having a reunion with friends from the old neighborhood . . . only these friends aren’t quite housebroken. For now, I can only tease because the paperbacks need to be sent out for rescanning . . . unless I can find the original manuscripts. It’s always something. But a little detective work will be worth the effort. Off to the basement to look through a mountain of boxes that have followed me through four different moves . . . Wish me luck.


I’ve had little else to do as a home captive of the workers busily breaking apart, grading, and pouring a new driveway. It’s now complete and so smoooooooth! My Honda feels like it’s on a showroom floor!

While I wait for those big *ss vehicles lining both sides of the street to move so I can finally leave the house, I’ll be catching up on your WIPs! Hope you’ve got weather as lovely as we do here in Michigan . . . for at least a minute.


Weekend Writing Warriors is a weekly hop for everyone who loves to write! Share an 8 to 10 sentence snippet of your writing on Sunday. Visit other participants on the list and read, critique, and comment on their #8sunday posts.

Spread the word, share the love, warriors - Hashtag #8sunday.


Nancy on the Web



8 comments

  1. He's furious and she's turned on. Great scene! That last line says a lot. It's hard when she knows one side of a man and others see something different. Good luck finding your originals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kate! Fingers crossed - cleaning a path to the office closet . . .

      Delete
  2. Loved the scene. So vivid with their emotions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen! Those were the kind of books that wrote themselves!

      Delete
  3. He may want to "stake his claim". She wants to. Lots of great tension.
    Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love being in her head and knowing what she's thinking! lol. Yeah, at this point, she has it bad for him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No idea why - but the link for this week June 19 keeps bringing me here.

    ReplyDelete