WeWriWa: To See and Be Seen . . . BOUND BY MOONLIGHT

Main Posts Background Image

Main Posts Background Image

Sunday, January 29, 2023

WeWriWa: To See and Be Seen . . . BOUND BY MOONLIGHT


Those who know me well know I’m not a social animal. I’m not a mix and mingler. I’m a stand off to the side and observer. Big events that involve crowds of strangers and talking to be heard over others give me the queasies. I’ll take assigned seats or a group of friends over a massive crush any day. But one must do what one must do as Charlotte Caissie, the reluctant heroine of my “By Moonlight” series discovers and that means standing by her man.

Bound by Moonlight (By Moonlight - Book 4)
Length: 370 Pages

POLICE DETECTIVE CHARLOTTE CAISSIE AND HER SHAPE-SHIFTING PARAMOUR MAX SAVOIE THOUGHT THE PAST WAS BEHIND THEM. BUT IN NANCY GIDEON’S IRRESISTIBLE NEW ROMANCE, THEY DISCOVER IT MAY NEVER LET THEM GO. . . .

THEY SWORE THEY’D BE TOGETHER FOREVER.
Detective Charlotte Caissie is suddenly sharing drawer space and making local news with her shape-shifter lover, Max Savoie. He’s determined to be accepted by her peers—so how can she ask him to return to his criminal roots to help her solve a complex case?

BUT THOSE THEY TRUST THE MOST . . .
Working undercover with her partner to find the serial killer who’s kidnapped a colleague’s daughter, Cee Cee is caught between her job and her fiercely possessive lover. And when she calls on Max’s preternatural talents to aid his hated enemy, she crosses a line that strains their relationship to its limit.

. . . WILL DO ANYTHING TO TEAR THEM APART.
With his secret spreading, Max is forced to protect his family and his clan. The only certainty is his love for his human mate . . . unless the loyalties that define them divide them forever.

 The Excerpt 

She swept the area with a professional stare, studying the scene with a cop’s attention to detail.  The press were everywhere, seeking scraps to tantalize the public’s hunger for information, the more sensational, the better. 

She scowled, wishing she had the authority to make them scatter like the vultures they were. Unfortunately, she wasn’t here in an official capacity.  She couldn’t brush them off with a flick of her badge tonight.

And as she looked over their feeding ground, she asked herself yet again, What the hell am I doing here?

As her attention was caught by the most controversial criminal figure in New Orleans, she knew.  He was hard to miss as he stepped out of a sleek dark town car, impossible to look away from as he came toward her, all lethal grace and fixed intensity. A shiver rode across her skin. She was here for Max Savoie. 

. . . and a bit more . . .

Sleek, powerful, all deadly poetry. His animalistic aggression masked by smooth, easy strides still provoked all her senses, the same way it had the very first time she’d seen him walk through the station in handcuffs eight years ago as if nothing could touch him.  

For this occasion, he wore the sophisticated trappings of a wealthy businessman. Tailored Armani created a glossy image but couldn’t disguise his harshly cut features.  A bristle of dark hair arranged by the drag of fingers rather than careful barbering, the heavy horizon of solemn black brows above eyes like pale, impenetrable jade added to the ruthless mystique. 

Unblinking, unsmiling, he stepped right inside her guarded circle of personal space—and offered his arm. “Ready?”

I’ve just finished the first working read-thru of my original manuscript and was surprised to discover how closely it mirrored the published version (thank you, favorite editor ever Micki Nuding!!). I can’t wait to get into the next books of the series to absorb all the drama, excitement, and emotions all over again and to get these books back out to readers!! And I’m jones-ing for a trip back to the Big Easy!! More books in the series would make that a write off . . . just saying.

Coming to a close of the first month of the new year, I’m cautiously optimistic that good things are in store!!


Weekend Writing Warriors is a weekly hop for everyone who loves to write! Share an 8 to 10 sentence snippet of your writing on Sunday. Visit other participants on the list and read, critique, and comment on their #8sunday posts.

Spread the word, share the love, warriors - Hashtag #8sunday.


Nancy on the Web



11 comments

  1. I’m with you and Cassie about large groups. Give me one-on-one or a small group. Your description of Max sent shivers through me. I so want to read this story again. —Diane Burton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's stopping you, Di! Read away!! You and I are such hermits. LOL!

      Delete
  2. I'm half and half on social stuff. I like small groups and one-on-one better, but I can be social in other circumstances too (just need downtime afterwards). That's quite a connection Max and CeCe have! Looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed the excerpt. You bring us right into the scene and carry us along so smoothly and then...we're left wanting more, to keep reading! Great snippet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as I'm not dragging you kicking and screaming!!

      Delete
  4. Wonderful and evocative description of Max. (I can't even hear my neighbors talk in a noisy crowd.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh. My skin is crawling. Nice work. And write it off, baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow--what an image you paint with words... I think I have a crush on Max. lol

    I'm definitely a stand back and observe kind of girl, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete